With successful patient outcomes depending on it, the medical device industry demands the highest levels of manufacturing quality, precision and reliability. The complex geometries of medically implanted devices, the exacting requirements of surgical tools, and the high standards required by diagnostic tools such as chromatography tubes and assemblies all call for finishing results that go above and beyond what is possible with traditional surface finishing methods.
The proven shaping, deburring and polishing results delivered by our Extrude Hone® processes are especially well-suited to meet the surface finishing needs of the medical industry.
Medical applications for these specialized processes include:
- Heart valves
- Minimally invasive surgery instruments and staplers
- Conventional surgical tools
- Chromatography tubes
Look to Extrude Hone processes to help:
- Deburr and polish internal, hard-to-reach areas on tools and devices.
- Reduce wear and improve corrosion resistance on tools and devices.
- Achieve fine deburring of implants, plates and waveguides.
- Shape and finish tools and devices in a single step.
- Eliminate the hazard of loose metallic particles with precise deburring and polishing.
- Enhance sterility of instruments by removing surface imperfections and rough edges.
- Achieve the mirror polish preferred for surgical instruments.
- Accomplish precise machining of intricate shapes for surgical instruments and other devices.
Learn more about the Extrude Hone processes that are ideally suited to the needs of the Medical industry here: