With electricity generation expected to double in the next 20 years, maximizing the efficiency of power plants is critical to meeting demand. Industry-wide, the importance of more efficient units utilizing less power to deliver equivalent or improved results has gained increased awareness. At Extrude Hone®, we help the Energy industry achieve better efficiency and reliability by focusing on the surface condition of key components. Our specialized finishing processes handle key applications from manifold deburring with our Thermal Energy Method (TEM) to processing components for pumps and compressors with our Abrasive Flow Machining (AFM) process.
The AFM process, for example, is considered the method of choice for material removal at areas of greatest restriction and surface improvement of passages not accessible by other methods. Inner flow passages of impellers and diffusers benefit from AFM’s selective material removal as well as surface finish improvement to contribute to improved pump efficiency and cost savings.
Look to Extrude Hone processes to help:
- Improve flow rate capability of closed impellers.
- Improve quality by providing greater material removal consistency over the entire inner closed impeller surface and from part to part.
- Ensure hydraulic component cleanliness, expanding the interval between maintenance cycles.
- Improve productivity during the finishing process.
- Achieve faster, more consistent polishing results as compared to manual polishing operations.
- Improve operating efficiency, generating valuable savings.
Learn more about the Extrude Hone processes that are ideally suited to the needs of the Energy industry here:
We have developed 3D animations covering some Energy Fluidic applications.
To access this premium content, we invite you to register to our Virtual Booth by clicking on the image below.
After login, from the Virtual Booth Platform Top Menu, select Virtual Booth. When on the booth, then navigate to the Application Corner of the Industry you have chosen.
In addition, on the booth floor, we have machines on display. From the Totem beside each of them, you can access 3D animations providing knowledge about the product.
By the way, no need to invest, “LET US SO IT FOR YOU” and benefit from our Contract Shop offer.